Release Date: 30 October 2018
A doomed sailor is shipwrecked on an uncharted island. In fog-shrouded valleys, where grinning, mossy corpses cling to rusted arms, shambling figures begin to stir. Beneath crumbling, salt-worn structures, labyrinthine passageways lead to unspeakable evil, long forgotten by man.
Salt and Sanctuary seamlessly combines fast, brutal, and complex 2D combat with richly developed RPG mechanics. Discover, craft, and upgrade over 600 weapons, armor pieces, spells, and items as you explore a cursed realm of forgotten cities, blood-soaked dungeons, desecrated monuments, and the fallen lords they once celebrated.
Explore a vast and treacherous world teeming with diabolical traps, mysterious secrets, hidden shortcuts and vicious enemies. In addition to a diverse array of combat and platforming challenges, this seamlessly-interconnected environment features more than 20 powerful and devious bosses.
Salt and Sanctuary [Drowned Tome Edition] includes:
- Salt and Sanctuary Game
- World Map of the Island of Salt and Sanctuary
- The Sodden Knight Poster
- Download code for the Original Soundtrack of Salt and Sanctuary
- Equip yourself as you see fit with a wide variety of weapons, armor, accessories and spells to create your own unique hero – or villain!
- Survive it all over again with a series of increasingly difficult New Game Plus playthroughs
- Uncover the submerged lore of a strange and dangerous world, hidden in item descriptions, the Bestiary, and dialog
- Sacrifice relics at your sanctuary, your only refuge. Upgrade it, add friendly NPCs like merchants and mages, and unlock new abilities, like weapon transmutation and fast travel. Do you ignore a strategically important sanctuary held by a rival creed, or do you desecrate it, earning the wrath of it followers?
- You’re not entirely alone… Castaways on this forsaken island can leave their mark on each other’s journeys through messages, shadows and other shrouded multiplayer interactions
- …because together’s better. Too lonely? Too difficult? Join your friend’s world as a sellsword from afar for local co-op… or versus!